Bite into this soft, chewy caramel cookie cup and you'll never see cookies the same again. With this easy recipe, you'll be able to get creative without a huge mess and tons of time consuming baking.
So, what is a monster cookie? Typically, they are a type of cookie combined with different types of candy, peanut butter and even oatmeal. I really like this recipe by A Dash of Sanity because of the consistency of the dough with the rolled oats. Though dough is so delicious, you might consider eating it all without baking it :)
The fun part about Monster Cookies is that the monster aspect is in the hands of the baker. The cookies vary depending on the baker and the recipe, but are consistently a mash-up of sweet things.
For this recipe, I decided to simplify the monster cookie to really draw out the flavors of the two extra ingredients I added: M&M's and Caramel. I also used a mini muffin pan to make them into cookie cups. By doing this, you are able to lock in moisture and keep the inside of the cookies a tad bit more gooey than a regular flat cookie. Try them out and let me know what you think!
Delicious Monster Cookie Cup Recipe
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar (I use light brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups of Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup of M&M's candy
- 1/4 cup of sliced caramel bits
- Butter or spray a mini cupcake pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Blend together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until creamy. Add the vinall and egg and mix again.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixture and stir until everything is completely mixed in. Add the chocolate chips.
- Using hands, a spoon or a rubber spatula, mix in the caramel bits and M&M's. Place a small amount in each cupcake slot. (Pro tip: try and make sure the caramel is wrapped in the dough and not sitting against the bottom of the pan or it will be more likely to stick.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or unti lthe sides are golden. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.