Banana bread is a dessert that can escape under the category of snack. You won't need many ingredients to make this easy banana bread recipe. Sometimes I use big chocolate chips, or you can mix it up with the small ones so you get more chocolate in every bite. My mom has been baking forever and perfected this recipe to make a super moist banana bread.
This is my go-to recipe anytime I need to bring something sweet to a friend and don't have a lot of time. Not only is it delicious, but it's actually really easy to carry from one place to the next. You can eat it toasted for breakfast with a slather of butter on top or ride with it in a backpack on your bike to a picnic in the park and it will still taste amazing. I've also used this recipe for a breakfast or brunch AND for a dessert! It's so easy. The fanciest part is the chocolate chips on top. Sometimes simplicity is the tastiest.
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and prepare a loaf pan by greasing it with butter or cooking spray. You can also use 3 mini loaf pans or a muffin pan if you'd prefer smaller batches!
- Mash the bananas, eggs, sugar and butter with a hand-mixer until creamy.
- Mix in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) slowly. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Cook for about 45 minutes and then cover with a piece of foil so that the top doesn't burn and cook for about another 15 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
Next time you're craving something sweet, try out this chocolate chip banana bread recipe. The dense, buttery bread goes perfectly with rich chocolate chips.