What do you get when you combine Lucky Charms and Marshmallows? The best sugary treat to celebrate St. Patrick's day! Okay, so maybe there's some butter, too, but this 3-ingredient recipe is so incredibly easy and a crowd pleaser. A spin-off of the traditional Rice Crispie recipe, these Lucky Charm treats are a little sweeter and chunkier because of the cereal type, but no complaints on that front! Watch the video below or scroll down for written directions.
Easy Lucky Charms Recip for St. Patrick's Day
- 5 Cps of Lucky Charms Cereal
- 25 Marshmallows
- 3 Tablesppons of Butter
- Grease a 9x13 inch or 8x8 pan with spray or butter and set aside. The size of the pan will affect how thick your bars are and how many servings you have. I recommend the 8x8 because it makes thicker treats!
- Add the butter and marshmallows to a pot over low heat. Stir as they melt and keep mixing until the two blend together completely.
- Turn the stove off, remove the pot and pour 5 cups of Lucky Charms cereal into it. Stir untilall of the cereal is coated. Pour the coated cereal into the greased pan and press down with a knife, rubber spatula or clean hands.
- Let cool and then cut into thick slices to serve!
These are best enjoyed the day they are made. However, if you want to make them ahead of time, store the treats in an air-tight container or plastic bag for up to a week! The longer you wait, the harder and less gooey they become, but still edible :)
Did you enjoy the recipe? Click below to share it with a friend or share on Pinterest! Leave me a comment if you tried it out or have other recipe ideas to add!